Cosmetic Product Photography Ideas For Beauty Products Business:
Makeup and cosmetics are some of the most demanded products on e-commerce websites. In the past, women were only fond of it but now men are also taking an interest in cosmetics. So, the sale of these products is constantly increasing. As ecommerce product photography contributes a lot to selling a product online, makeup and cosmetic products need high-quality photos showcased in the online market. The high-quality product pictures lure people to buy them. Thus the number of sales increases. In this article, we are going to talk about some tips to click some gorgeous photographs of makeup and cosmetic products.
6 Tips For Shooting Makeup And Cosmetic Products:
There are so many things you should take care of while shooting makeup and cosmetic products. These are the most important things you should keep in mind while arranging the photography:
- Cleaning: You should clean the products properly before starting shooting. You can not see the dirt bare-eyed. But when you get close to them through the lenses of the camera, you will see so much dirt on them that it can make you feel frustrated. Better you clean them beforehand. Apply some methylated spirit on some soft cloth and clean the product with it. Clean the folds with a damp earbud. Then dry it up with an air can. That will also remove all the dust left on the product. The product is ready for shooting now. After this, handle the cleaned product wearing gloves so you can avoid adding new fingerprints or dirt to it.
- Choose The Background: Choosing a proper background for the makeup and cosmetic product shooting is a difficult task. You have to understand the nature of the product first. Try to add a smooth, even background to it. Paper rolls, acrylic sheets, canvas, wooden boards, MDF boards, or some properly painted wall can do the job.
- Proper Lighting: You should use a proper lighting setup to eliminate any kind of unwanted shadow. You can put the products near the window to use the sunlight as the natural light is always the best one. A lightbox can work fine, too. You can create different lighting setups to understand which one is appropriate for the products you are shooting.
- Camera And Lens: For the best quality makeup and cosmetic product photography one should use a DSLR camera with aperture settings and manual exposure. A macro lens should be used in the shoot. You can use your iPhone to shoot as well. And later you just need to edit the photos with Canva, Snapseed, or Pixlr.
- Elevation Technique: The elevation technique is used while shooting some makeup and cosmetic products to create grandiose photos. You just have to keep your camera at a lower position than the product to give it a heroic touch. You can also put the product on a small pedestal or a block to receive the elevation.
- Do Not Use Flash: Using Flash while shooting cosmetic products can hide its details. Makeup products usually come with glitter to look shiny. So, when you are using flash the glitter can not be seen in the photograph. It will make the product look dull. If you need some extra light in the set then use a reflector.
If you are planning to hire a product photography agency to click the photos of your makeup and cosmetic products while keeping all these tips in mind then go for Nibble and Pixel. We are based in Delhi and we have expertise in clicking perfect pictures of cosmetic and makeup products for e-commerce websites.